Running Revive Adserver v4.0.1 on PHP7

Currently my server is running PHP 5.6.30 as the default, but PHP 7 is also installed. I am trying to force Rvive Adserver to run under PHP 7, and I've tried adding this code to a new .htaccess file in the root ad server's directory, in my case it is /adserv :

<IfModule mime_module>
AddType application/x-httpd-ea-php70 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>

This configuration works fine for a forum which I have in a different directory on the same domain, but is not working for Revive Adserver--the ads stop running. Am I putting this file in the correct location, the root for Ad Server, or should it go somewhere else, for example /var ?

It is possible that I don't have some required extension installed for PHP 7 that is needed for Revive, is there a list somewhere of those?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @scott001,

No, sorry - we do test Revive Adserver with PHP 7, and it should work.

It would be worth checking with a simple file with phpinfo(); in it, served from the root Revive Adserver directory, that your setup is using the correct PHP version, and then you can check that all the requirements for Revive Adserver are met based on the information on that page.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately it does not work. The admin area doesn't seem to function...the admin login page does not load. Additionally, the statistics stop being collected, so the hourly cron job does not seem to work. The ads do show, but the app is not PHP 7 compatible. 

I am running a cpanel apache mysql configuration. Under the latest cpanel you can run PHP per site, so you could set this in your control panel and run PHP 7 on your site. In my case, I wanted it to run within a directory, so I added this to the root .htaccess file for my Revivie Adserver site:

<IfModule mime_module>
</IfModule> 

I then edited the main configuration file from:

[database]
type=mysql

To:

[database]
type=mysqli

5 hours ago, scott001 said:

I am running a cpanel apache mysql configuration. Under the latest cpanel you can run PHP per site, so you could set this in your control panel and run PHP 7 on your site. In my case, I wanted it to run within a directory, so I added this to the root .htaccess file for my Revivie Adserver site:

<IfModule mime_module>
</IfModule> 

I then edited the main configuration file from:

[database]
type=mysql

To:

[database]
type=mysqli

Thank you, works perfect!

//Niclas

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone.  I did all that checks according to @andrewatfornax, but seem to not solve anything.  It was working well, then the UI suddenly broke after a certain time.  Was just playing around with it and trying to post an add via iframe.  Then after a refresh the UI seemed off.  I'm using it on nginx.  No adblocker, db is good, using on SSL.  Like I said, everything was working well, until it didn't.  It still works, it's just the UI.

I did the maintenance checks as well, according to the system, it has no errors whatsoever.

You are currently using Revive Adserver v4.1.1 running on nginx 1.13.5, PHP 7.1.9 and MySQL 5.5.5-10.1.28-MariaDB-1~xenial.