Text banner in Email/newsletter zone

Andy

Hi,

id like to use Text ad in email. Revive doesnt support Text banner in Email/newsletter zone.

Also Revive doesnt support HTML banner in email/newsletter zone.

1. Is there any reason to not support that?

2. Is it possible use zone "Text ad" instead of "email/newsletter zone" in email? What is the difference?

Thank you,

Andy

Edited by Andy
Mistake

Hi @Andy,

Well, interestingly, I recently wrote this: https://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Only+One+Active+Banner+in+Email-Newsletter+Zones

It's not exactly an answer, but it does show you the format of the Email/Newsletter zone tag. It uses an IMG to load the banner. With the zone tag that way, it can't do anything else other than an image!

Of course, the image is something that can be loaded remotely, which means that the one tag can be used, but the banner (image) changed over time.

However, if we were using some text, or HTML, then that text (or HTML) would have to be hard-coded into the tag, which means it stops being a tag, and just becomes the banner itself - in which case, you may as well put the HTML you want directly into the email.

I don't think there's any way we can dynamically load HTML or text into another HTML document with using either JavaScript or an iFrame - neither of which are reliable in email clients... Which is why it's image only.

Make sense?

Hi @andrewatfornax,

so i cant use Text ad zone in emails, because of javascript or an iFrame and Email/newsletter zone doesnt support responsive emails. Am i right?

I would like to make ads in emails with targeting (i suppose by using variables) and to be responsive.

Can somebody put me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot.

Hi @Andy,

We're discussing CSS-only responsive strategies in the topic below:

As for targeting - I'm not sure how variable-based targeting would work. You can only have one active banner in an Email/Newsletter zone at a time, so it's not like there are multiple banners available to select from.

Really, I think all you could do would be to have multiple Email/Newsletter zones, each with a different banner, and then select which of them you want to include in an email, at the time you send the email.

Once the email is sent, then that's the zone that's going to be active for the email. I don't see how that could be changed dynamically after the fact...