Contract campaigns delivering impressions too quickly

Cavi

I could use some clarification on something to see if there is a better way to accomplish this. Client wished to have 60k impressions over two months - or, alternatively, they wanted 30k impressions per month for two months. So we set the campaign up with proper start/end dates over the two months and the total of impressions we want served. There were several campaigns such as this. They all served the entire amount of impressions in the first month of their campaigns.

It was my understanding that Revive would automatically try and spread delivery evenly through the course of the campaign. Is that not the case? As soon as I put an impression number in the box, the option to limit impression per day disappears. So it doesn't look like that's an option. All campaigns have the same default priority level of 5 (on the 1-10 scale).

Anyone have any advice? My only thinking is that we are very undersold and have many more impressions available to sell. But we have remnant campaigns up and running, and again, my belief was that the ad server would be able to manage active campaigns to serve over the course of the allotted time.

Hi @Cavi,

Yes, Revive Adserver does attempt to deliver the total campaign impressions evenly across the lifetime of the campaign.

As a general rule, the thing that will mess up Revive Adserver's ability to do this well are banner limitations. I'm working on some documentation that explains the banner selection process in more detail, but basically, the more banners that you limit, the more work Revive Adserver has to do to figure out what % of impressions it should allocate to each banner when delivering, and hence, the more that can go wrong.

Do you have at least one completely unrestricted remnant campaign in the zone to take up unrequired impressions?