WordPress plugin? In-content?

Wollo

Greetings all,

I was sad. So sad. Sad to discover that OpenX was no more.

Then I discovered a similar project, named Revive Adserver. Which...looked remarkably the same.

Oh my! This is OpenX! It isn't gone, it's still here!

So I want to use this again, but I have some questions, as I have made the transition to Wordpress sites recently.

1) How do I use Revive Adserver in WordPress?
I found some OpenX plugins, but I see none for Revive Adserver

2) How can I post advertisements within the content of my WP posts (automatically, I want a 250x250 zone in each article, after the 3rd paragraph.

Thank you for reading, and responding.

Well, no... because it is about how to implement the Revive Adserver in WordPress. And usually, with questions like these, WordPress support will point at the plugin/serviceprovider, which in this case is Revive Adserver (note: I am not a coding-wizz, just a guy trying to put together some building blocks to get a website running).

I can of course just make some widgets within WordPress and dump the invocation code in there, that shouldn't be a problem. The in-content though, is a bit tricky...

Edited by Erik Geurts
Corrected product name spelling

7 minutes ago, Wollo said:

I can of course just make some widgets within WordPress and dump the invocation code in there, that shouldn't be a problem.

Exactly, that's how.

7 minutes ago, Wollo said:

The in-content though, is a bit tricky...

Correct, since WordPress won't accept javascript code by default.

You're going to have to search for a WordPress plugin to achieve this. Revive Adserver software won't even be aware that the code is going into a WordPress site, nor where.

• 2 weeks later...