Override not taking all diffusion into account

checkad

Hello,

I have 3 zones on a webpage.

2 zones should display all campaigns randomly (using remnant = working).
1 zone should only display one campaign but none of the other campaigns, taking all impressions possible (either using contract or override = not working).

Here is an exemple.

I have 100.000 pages displayed per day.
So, i should be able to display my specific campaign to my 3rd zone with 100.000 banners (taking into account that i have one specific format for that particular zone not used anywhere else).

But, in fact, there is only 1/3 or 1/4 of banners what could be possible displayed that are displayed, so 20.000 per day are displayed instead of the 100.000 possible (no capping, no restriction of time or anything, they should just displayed on every page).

Any idea why this is not working ? (because it was working fine with phpadsnew and this is only since revive that it is not working anymore correctly)

Thank you

by the way, i did the test for this 3rd zone, that only has 1 specific banner to deliver (no capping nor delivery limitation for that banner) by using on

day 1 : remnant, but set to 10 for the banner
day 2 : contract, the only one contract (all other being remnant)
day 3 : override

the number per day is nearly the same every day, whatever the kind of campaign like a roof.

note that it is a new reviveadserver set up with only new campaigns, with 3 months of history (taking into account that the daily delivery is very stable).

yes, i'm certain i understand the 3 different campaigns types correctly (and working 8 years with phpadsnew has been no problem even if overide was not existing on that one).

let's try to make it simpler.

i have 100.000 pages viewed per day.
If i set up 1 zone (identical on all pages) with only one banner to display, this zone should be able to display 100.000 banners (no limitation, no capping), right ?
but instead of 100.000 banners, this zone is only displaying 40.000 banners.

i've tried to set that campaign as overide without more success (no other overide campaign than this one).

---

more details as in reality i have 2 other zones per page (3 zones in total per page).

the 2 other zones are displaying 100.000 banners per zone, per day, each. so, what is expected, fine.
So, the 3rd zone should do the same (but in fact is only displaying half of what it should be possible).

the only difference is that the other 2 zones do have a mix of different banners from different campaigns when the 3rd zone has only one banner from one campaign only.

Override did exist at the time, it just had a different name.

1 hour ago, checkad said:

i have 100.000 pages viewed per day.
If i set up 1 zone (identical on all pages) with only one banner to display, this zone should be able to display 100.000 banners (no limitation, no capping), right ?

Correct. If there are no external blocking factors like ad blockers.

1 hour ago, checkad said:

i've tried to set that campaign as overide without more success (no other overide campaign than this one).

If you have just a single override campaign linked to the zone, with no delivery limitations, it will (should) work identically to a remnant campaign.

To investigate properly, check the "Probabilities" tab of each of the zones involved. There you will see the probability of each banner in each zone being delivered as it was calculated during the last time the maintenance process ran.

Thanks.

For the 2 normal zones, i have the probabilities percentage and the weight but for this 3rd zone, I have neither probabilities neither weight shown. could it be the issue ?

i've checked the config of my zone, but its exactly set like the 2 others.
the only different thing is that the icon of the zone (under the name column) is red instead of yellow like the 2 others.

That icon indicates there is a problem. If no banners are listed under probabilities, then there is a problem. Most likely there is a mismatch between the dimensions of the zone and the dimensions of the banner(s) you think you've linked to it.

By the way, what is that word "diffusion" in the subject of the thread? It's not a Revive Adserver term. What do you mean exactly?

One zone that has only a single banner from an override campaign linked to it will display with an 'error' or rather warning symbol. The reason is that we consider that scenario to be a potential problem, or at least something to look at closely. That's because most of the times, override campaigns come with some sort of delivery limitation or frequency cap, and thus the zone as a whole has a very high likelihood of displaying blanks. In order to avoid blanks, one should make sure to have at least one banner from a remnant campaign linked to each zone, and the banner should be without any delivery limitations or frequency capping.