Tried upgrading to 4.0.0 but getting error now

Deleted everything and started doing it all again...

i tried running upgrade but it runs only installer.. not able to sure what is wrong, can u suggest something there?  and this error keeps coming

Your database contains an old OpenX configuration table: rv_preferences. If you are trying to upgrade this database, please copy your existing configuration file into the var folder of this install. If you wish to proceed with a fresh installation, please either choose a new Table Prefix or a new Database.

Not sure what can be wrong, and why upgrade is not running and only installer is running?

1 hour ago, Erik Geurts said:

It seems you missed a vital step in the upgrade instructions, which is to copy the configuration files from the old to the new version before starting the upgrade wizard.

I did added the config file from old installation to new server var location and changed the database info too Aa mentioned. But not sure why I see thia insatll info and not upgrade, main seever is on sub domain does that effects things?

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, andrewatfornax said:

Yes! Upgrades need to be run on the same domain URL as the previous install / expected final location. You can't move things about (without manually tweaking the configuration files).

Do you know what's need to be tweaking ?

I'm trying to achieve  upgrade with new subdomain.

I did :

- copy  var/old-subdomain.tld.conf.php to  var/new-subdomain.tld.conf.php

- replace old subdomain strings with the new inside : new-subdomain.tld.conf.php.conf.php

- Made available the path to old subdomain directory to the new installation

At step 4 I give the path to old folder , but it fails.

/var/install.log says :

Starting file-check for plugins...
Plugin: openXBannerTypes - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXDeliveryLimitations - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openX3rdPartyServers - Unable to locate XML files
Plugin: openXReports - Unable to locate XML files

Starting file-check for plugins...
Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate file: /data/web/OLD_REVIVE/www/admin/extensions/videoReport/navigation/oxVastMenuChecker.php
Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate file: /data/web/OLD_REVIVE/www/admin/extensions/videoReport/VastAreaGraph.php
Plugin: openXVideoAds - Unable to locate file: /data/web/OLD_REVIVE/www/admin/extensions/videoReport/VastMultiAreaGraph.ph

etc..

Same for all plugins.

So yes the old folder has no www/admin/extensions folder,  I check on the old server, and same no www/admin/extensions folder

I'm on it, but if someone has an idea ? :)

Thanks,

Update  13h09 :

Seems to be a mess  between my .conf.php and my really plugins folder.

I did pass the step by validating the url in adress bar, thens going to extensions administration and "import (code only)" each plugin.

Edited by yannux

• 3 months later...