php7 and GD graphics

After upgrading the Ubuntu Revive server to PHP7 I see "Sorry, you cannot see this graph because the GD graphics extension is missing from your PHP installation." on the front page dashboard where the weeks stats used to be.

I did "apt-get install php7.0-gd", which showed it wasn't already there, and it installed fine but after restarting apache still see the error message. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This problem is (still) happening for me, Revive 4.0.1 on Ubuntu 16.04:

apache2  - 2.4.18-2ubuntu3.1

php7.0  - 7.0.15-0ubuntu0.16.04.4

php7.0-gd  - 7.0.15-0ubuntu0.16.04.4

phpinfo reports GD Support enabled, headers == library version == 2.1.1

On the Home page, in the Statistics box:

"Sorry, you cannot see this graph because the GD graphics extension is missing from your PHP installation. ..."

The rest of the install seems to be working fine. Any thoughts? Is there a specific libgd version callout someplace in the code?

best,

Brian

That "dashboard" page isn't extremely useful, and not at all critical to the working of the ad server. I would recommend just disabling it altogether and you won't see that message anymore.

To disable it:

• go to the Configuration tab, and then "User interface settings" menu item on the left
  • at the very end of that page, uncheck the "Enable dashboard" checkbox
  • don't forget to save the changes

Problem solved.

• 6 years later...

I had this bug earlier on a upgrade install of Revive Adserver 5.3.1 on Ubuntu 22.04 and PHP 8.1, I checked that GD library was loaded etc with phpinfo(); and I eventually realised it is because the admin dashboard is cached, in my case going to /var/www/revive/var/ and then running rm cache/* -R  and then reloading the admin dashboard fixed this with the stats now showing.

Edited by Stephen