Is it possible to blank referrals?

while serving ads, advertiser is able to see the traffic source domain in his google analytics, so i would like to know if there is possibility to blank those referrals which are showing up. need to blank them in such a way that it should show up as direct traffic coming to the website.

15 hours ago, Erik Geurts said:

I'd call that misleading the advertiser, possibly even fraudulent behavior.

no basically it's like we are resellers for a website, and we can't let advertiser know which sites are ads being showing up, else they will bypass us and start working with those sites directly. we can't say it's miss leading because ads are sold to advertisers with terms where we reserve rights not to disclose our traffic sources.

11 hours ago, andrewatfornax said:

Hi @anshul123,

I don't imagine you can do anything about the referer value. This is something that the browser (may) pass to the website when it arrives there, and if GA decide to capture and present that information, then there's probably nothing you can do about it.

yes was keen to know about it since most of the 3rd party systems, pass their hosted domain name as referral. Which is important to protect their privacy about traffic sources.

• 4 months later...
On 5/22/2016 at 10:04 PM, Erik Geurts said:

I'd call that misleading the advertiser, possibly even fraudulent behavior.

for resellers, this is probably major feature since if you are a network and dealing with multiple networks on both publisher and advertiser end, you will spoil your party due to this. So, blank refer is a must in some case. because its pretty obvious that if advertiser come to know you are reselling him or broker for another source, and they can track that direct sources via referals, then.. makes no sense using the system in long term version of traffic dealing.