Can't install Revive Adserver 3.2.4

Gene

Followed installation instructions. Getting 'connection timed out' error.  

Tried to install in the location recommended by the revive installation guide. www.adserver.<<mysite>>.com/live

uploaded 3.2.4 and unzipped it there. Nothing kicks in. Is there smth that I really need to do beyond following the notes? I do have php 5, mysql db was created, access granted, all extensions are installed.

What am I missing?

Appreciate any help,

Gene

Edited by Erik Geurts
Corrected product name spelling

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Just found this post. Same thing is happening to me. I think I uploaded and unzipped it correctly. Created the database. Granted permissions.

When I try to load the installation page, it won't load the page displaying a redirecting error (says it's not redirecting properly).

I would appreciate your help a lot. Thank you. @Erik Geurts

Hi @andrewatfornax. Thank you very much for your answer. I finally found a solution for my problem, i'll post it here if it helps someone.

I had a redirection rule in my .htacces in public_html (involving the ending / on the url):

# remove trailing slashes
RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ /$1? [R=301,L]

I added a .htacces file in the folder of the adserver deleting this redirection rule. Then the installation could be completed and now Revive is working fine!

Thank you anyway.

Edited by albertalbert
wrong click