Structure for Revive Adserver-3.2.3

jane3von

Hi, everyone !

I have installed Revive Adserver-3.2.3 in my IDE used Eclipse and the server is wampserver in windows. As I did not learned the php before, so recently I have learned the grammar about the php and the template about smarty. What's more, I found this project has also used PEAR to expand the php function.

I can understand most of the meaning about the code,but I still have some confused about this entire program, especially the entire structure. I saw there was lib folder and it contains java-xmlrpc ,junit,Zend,xmlrpc and some other folders,but I could not understand these folders's function.

I want to modify this project in my demand, but I don't know how to modify especially the UI style. I konw the basic using about smarty,such as templates files are stored in lib/templates/admin, the cache files are generated in var/cache and the grammar about assign() , display(),but I don't understand how to work about the hook, listener,register function?

For example: the template advertiser-index.htm the content is below:

{view_before_content}
{include file=advertiser-index-list.html from=$aAdvertisers aCount=$aCount}
{view_after_content}

I found ViewHook.php has defined the 'view_before_content' and 'view_after_content' like below:

protected function register(OA_Admin_Template $oTpl)
    {
        $oTpl->register_function('view_before_content', array($this, 'beforeContent'));
        $oTpl->register_function('view_after_content', array($this, 'afterContent'));
    }

public function beforeContent($aParams, &$oTpl)
    {
        return OX_Admin_UI_Hooks::beforePageContent($this->pageId, $this->pageData, $oTpl);
    }

public function afterContent($aParams, &$oTpl)
    {
        return OX_Admin_UI_Hooks::afterPageContent($this->pageId, $this->pageData, $oTpl);
    }

but the function OX_Admin_UI_Hooks::beforePageContent in Hooks.php is 

public static function beforePageContent($pageId, $pageData, &$oTpl)
    {
        self::init();
        $result = '';
        $oContext = new OX_Admin_UI_Event_EventContext(array(
            'pageId' => $pageId,
            'pageData' => $pageData,
            'oTpl'     => $oTpl
        )); 

$aStrings = self::getDispatcher()->triggerEvent('beforePageContent', $oContext);
        if (!empty($aStrings)) {
            $result = join('\n', $aStrings); 
        }

return $result; 
    }

The self::getDispatcher()->triggerEvent() function is in EventDispatcher.php and the function is below:

public function triggerEvent($eventName, OX_Admin_UI_Event_EventContext $context)
    {
        $aCallbacks = $this->getRegisteredListeners($eventName);

//enhance context with event name
        $context->eventName = $eventName;  

$result = array();
        //invoke event on listener and collect results 
        foreach ($aCallbacks as $callback) {
            $result[] = call_user_func($callback, $context);
        }

return $result;
    }

According to my understanding, the call_user_func() finally execute the function is 'beforePageContent' but the function 'beforePageContent' seems has nothing connected with the html and css files, so I do not know where to call these UI file(htm,css,js) ?

Thanks to anyone can help me about this question!

For requirements and some more technical information see: https://www.revive-adserver.com/support/requirements/

If you want to work with the code, I would recommend to go to the Github page at https://github.com/revive-adserver/revive-adserver/ , to fork the repository and then work from that.

Thanks!  I have download the code and run the code.