//Here advertiser  limited to access the Add New Banner
    OA_Permission::enforceAccessToObject('banners', $bannerid);
} 
else {
//Here allowed to Add New Banner
    OA_Permission::enforceAccessToObject('banners', $bannerid, true);
}

• 4 months later...

I think ultimately, it would be great if Revive Adserver can have support for letting website owners & advertisers to effectively self-service (including important features like moderation of new campaigns, banners & built in payment processing) -- but that is a massive job, and is at best a long term aspiration for Revive Adserver right at the current time. 

It's certainly something I will keep in mind, though.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Self-service is great, if you add in some approval process.  That is how Google and just about everyone else operates.  You add your own ads, and they approve them, then they go live.  

Without that process, it becomes too labor intensive to sell to the public.  An approval process takes a page view and a button click, whereas managing the ads for the customer includes multiple page views, communication with the client, uploading banners or typing or copying & pasting ad code, etc.

• 1 month later...

I really think Revive should make a standard login dashboard for both publisher and advertiser. One, that is; flexible, upgradeable, light, easy to use, and easy to look at. If that was created, in a fairly short span of time, I believe Revive would quickly accelerate getting inundated with people and developers wanting to check it out and possibly chip in. I would think that just out of the box functionality alone would be beneficial for developers wanting a dashboard as the foundation to CMS platform extensions and plug-ins,

In fact, I am concerned that without it many developers may not be so willing to spend the money or time in development to obtain any basic needs they may require, that are not available now. .Especially if the development relies on a dashboard created by a unknown 3rd party. and If other people also make dashboards, it could hurt  the developer’s incentive and ability to go through one party for complete functionality and/or support. .

.I don't know about ya'll, but I 'm really hoping a Jomsocial or Wordpress developer comes walking into the forum with the intent to make Revive an extension for Joomla or Wordpress. There is potential for the extension to take over all advertising needs of a site, and provide banner exchanges.used for site announcements and more. It can also be implemented into other popular software as plugins making Revive the defualt advertiser plugin for that software. Not to mention the typical basic functionality it would have been built for, which is he auto installation into a live CMS platform used by 10's of millions of people.

Besides much faster growth, I would think this dashboard would be like a foot in the door for Revive too, at anytime Revive could implement something, For instance: maybe a central advertising hub people could bid on for ads (remember that), monitoring ability to data on how the product is used, data error logging, software udpate ability or who knows what could come up... but  regardles Revive would be there with a dashboard, one that can be updated at any time and even earning free advertising credits with that nifty little banner exchange plug-in they added, that grabs potential users and developers, like a lighthouse sitting upon the shoreline of a dim moonlit night, giving relief and direction to the sailors as they navigate the thunderous sounds of crashing.waves, with it's flashing beacon of warm light.
:)     

Anyways, I get carried sometimes, but to finish up... I think you guys have a great thing here and know that you guys know than I do. Sometimes a fresh look can see things differently. I sure hope the importance of the payment dashboard is reconsidered. 

Thanks for your time,

Jeff

• 3 months later...

Here's a new plugin which lets advertisers self-service upload their own banners, just released. More info here: http://plugins.rfi.net/downloads/rfi-adserver-uploads-plugin/ Admin/managers have an interface to approve the banners uploaded.

I think ultimately, it would be great if Revive Adserver can have support for letting website owners & advertisers to effectively self-service (including important features like moderation of new campaigns, banners & built in payment processing) -- but that is a massive job, and is at best a long term aspiration for Revive Adserver right at the current time. 

It's certainly something I will keep in mind, though.