Zip Code Targeting / Inputting, Settings For Excluding Zip From State Target

tkat

I am trying to use zip code geotargeting using the city database from Maxmind which supposedly allows geotargeting by zip code.  I have been using it successfully for DMA and even city targeting but have not yet been able to figure out how to use zip codes.

1.  How do you input a string of zip codes into the text box that appears when you select zip/postal code targeting?  Should each zip code be separated by a comma, by blank spaces or does each one have to be entered into a separate box?  Even when I try the one-box-per-zip method, I can't seem to get banners served to the zip codes.

2.  If I want to limit delivery to a particular state but exclude about 150 zip codes from that state, what would be the best, most efficient way to set the limitation and enter the zip codes?

I would appreciate any insight you can give regarding zip code geotargeting with Revive.

Thanks, Eliza.  I'm not sure what you mean by creating a Targeting Channel or how I could use that to exclude a large number of zip codes.  We can't use the longitude method because the client has specified a list of zip codes to be excluded from our state target.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to use zip code geotargeting using the city database from Maxmind which supposedly allows geotargeting by zip code.  I have been using it successfully for DMA and even city targeting but have not yet been able to figure out how to use zip codes.

1.  How do you input a string of zip codes into the text box that appears when you select zip/postal code targeting?  Should each zip code be separated by a comma, by blank spaces or does each one have to be entered into a separate box?  Even when I try the one-box-per-zip method, I can't seem to get banners served to the zip codes.

2.  If I want to limit delivery to a particular state but exclude about 150 zip codes from that state, what would be the best, most efficient way to set the limitation and enter the zip codes?

I would appreciate any insight you can give regarding zip code geotargeting with Revive.

This free plugin will help you to do lot of targeting for you : http://www.ip2location.com/developers/openx

Check and put your comment here if you need any help.