You need to enable cookies before you can use Revive Adserver

nsmpinto

Hi,

I am trying to login my account and I am always receiving this message... "You need to enable cookies before you can use Revive Adserver"

I installed yesterday and i had the same problem to complete all the installation process but i cleaned the cookies and the issue was fixed.

Today i cannot access for any browser and i already clean all the cookies.

Could anyone help me please?

Thanks

Sorry, not really. If your browser has cookies enabled, then Revive Adserver shouldn't tell you that they need to be enabled.

Is there perhaps an issue with the server's time that is making Revive Adserver think that the cookies are not present? Do you see Revive Creating cookies with unusual creation or expiration dates?

• 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded the revive-adserver-3.2.2.zip version and have installed it into a MAMP environment with all the perquisites of the install met.

I am using Chrome version 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit) and its has cookies enabled which I have tested by creating a small js script that set cookies and I can see them in the resources -> cookies section of the developer tools panel.

I install the db and then run the install process which asks for db details fine.

Then The site asks for admin details fine - I read that in the install docs the install wizard should tell you to amend chmod details for some folders but this is not the case for the above version.  I have therefor been chmoding 777 the folder paths listed in the admin auth details screen.  I hit install and get a blank screen / white .  The url has ?action login to something like that.

If I hit refresh again I get a message saying the site has been updated ?? ok!!

I hit continue on this page and get a login screen appear in the cookies is this "ox_install_session_id=6779df35a4ef820d830f737f834f1588; __ac="NjE2NDZkNjk2ZToyYTMzNjQzZDQxNzQ2ODc1""  so a cookie has been written.  However this message is above the login form "You need to enable cookies before you can use Revive Adserver".

I read on a forum that the /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/revive/var folder contains some conf files that have cookie domains within. I have localhost.conf.php and default.conf.php

inside the default is below:
realConfig=localhost

inside the locahost - the cookie bit is set to below : (I have tried to update the domain to localhost but that does not work.)

[cookie]
permCookieSeconds=31536000
maxCookieSize=2048
domain=
viewerIdDomain=

What is going on 
zoneId=zoneid

This the install log output.

Installation started 2015-10-21 03:55:44
Attempting to connect to database revive with user root
Connected to database revive
Database settings and permissions are OK
creating upgrade_action audit table
successfully created upgrade_action audit table
creating database_action audit table
successfully created database_action audit table
schema definition from cache TRUE
Installation created the core tables
Installation updated the schema version to 620
Installation updated the application version to 3.2.2
Preparing to set timezone preference...
Found timezone preference ID of 16
Found the admin account's timezone association, updating preference...
Updated the admin account timezone preference to: 'Europe/Berlin'
#! openXBannerTypes(): Permissions error
#! openXDeliveryLimitations(): Permissions error
#! openX3rdPartyServers(): Permissions error
#! openXReports(): Permissions error
#! openXDeliveryCacheStore(): Permissions error
#! openXMaxMindGeoIP(): Permissions error
#! openXInvocationTags(): Permissions error
#! openXDeliveryLog(): Permissions error
#! openXVideoAds(): Permissions error
=========================================================================
Attempting to detect an existing Openads (aka. phpAdsNew) installation...
PAN not detected
Attempting to detect an existing Openads (aka. Max Media Manager 0.1) installation...
MMM v0.1 not detected
Attempting to detect an existing Openads (aka. Max Media Manager 0.3) installation...
MMM v0.3 not detected
Attempting to detect an existing Revive Adserver installation...
Revive Adserver 3.2.2 detected
This version is up to date.

and php log output.

#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/revive/lib/OX/Admin/UI/Wizard.php(83): OX_Admin_UI_Wizard->setCurrentStep('login')
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/revive/lib/OX/Admin/UI/Install/Wizard.php(31): OX_Admin_UI_Wizard->__construct('install', Array, Object(OX_Admin_UI_SessionStorage))
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/revive/lib/OX/Admin/UI/Install/InstallController.php(298): OX_Admin_UI_Install_Wizard->__construct(Object(OX_Admin_UI_Install_InstallStatus), 'login')
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/revive/lib/OX/Admin/UI/Controller/BaseController.php(94): OX_Admin_UI_Install_InstallController->loginAction()
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/revive/lib/OX/Admin/UI/Controller/BaseController.php(82): OX_Admin_UI_Controller_BaseController->execute('login')
#5 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/revive/www/admin/install.php(41): OX_Admin_UI_Controller_BaseController->process(Obj in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/revive/lib/OX/Admin/UI/Wizard.php on line 138

@RAFA3L: I cant get in as an admin user which is really annoying.  Do you know the default admin password?  Is there one?

Revive was installed ok but I get the same message when try to login: "You need to enable cookies before you can use Revive Adserver" BUT only in Chrome, Vivaldi and Opera

With Safari and Firefox I can login fine as admin

@RAFA3L: I cant get in as an admin user which is really annoying.  Do you know the default admin password?  Is there one?

• 3 weeks later...

I think an incorrect port redirect is also the issue with the cookies. I was at port 8088 and kept getting the "You must enable cookies to use Revive Ad Server" error. I added a vhost at port 80 for my site and logged right in, no issue. The cookie response was coming back with the 8088 port number in it I believe that was the issue.

Anyway, the vhost worked for me just to get around this issue. Maybe this should be mentioned in the bug tracker. Good luck!