Installing Revive On Multiple Servers Under A Single Load Balancer

Hi Erik,

Thank you for the information.

I have a few questions about the diagram:

1. With multiple nodes where would you recomend to store the images/banners? Is there an option to set Revive to work with CDN drive rather with the local drive, eg. amazon S3?

2. How do you sync the nodes with the most up to date version? manually?

Thanks,

Shay

Shay, without going too deep into details, Revive configuration gives you an option to specify both local and remote paths to your images folder. If you choose to host the images on a CDN, most providers (amazon, rackspace) will give you a way to map the drive locally on your master/admin Revive server, where the images are going to be uploaded through the Revive UI. The slave/ad serving nodes only require the remote path to the images folder.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely! A single powerful load balancer can handle many web servers. Just make sure you have enough bandwidth available if you tend to serve several million impressions per hour, as bandwidth can easily extend to over 100 Mbps port.

Most of our customers at Snoork Hosting host their images on our remote image hosting site, Snoork Images, or simply use a CDN. This generally illuminates the use of another server for serving static content.

• 1 month later...

Hi, i am looking for a load balancer for my network, currently i am hosting it on snoork and have lots of issues like high cpu usage even when i have low traffic, i think there is something wrong with setup also their support this year is not the best so i need to move my network, any good load balancer?

thank you

Hi, i am looking for a load balancer for my network, currently i am hosting it on snoork and have lots of issues like high cpu usage even when i have low traffic, i think there is something wrong with setup also their support this year is not the best so i need to move my network, any good load balancer?

thank you

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your load balancer. I have sent you a private message, so we can get this fixed for you as soon as possible. I look forward hearing back from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken

thank you

You could look at http://clusterlabs.org/ (Pacemaker)

best regards,

Ian

• 1 month later...