Jump to content
stix_121

Upgrade Openx 2.8.8 - Unknown Version Detected

Recommended Posts

Hi - this is the output of our current OpenX server: You are currently using OpenX v2.8.8 running on Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.6 and MySQL 5.5.27-log.

 

When I try to upgrade to Revive I am getting the following error:

 

  • Errors were found when detecting previous installations of Revive Adserver
  • An unknown version detected

Check name

Current value

Status

application

  • - Connected to the database ok : ads_yuppiechef_com
  • - This version cannot be upgraded

NOT OK

 

 

What am I missing and what suggestions re upgrading?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi stix_121,

 

The formatting above makes it a little hard to tell what Revive Adserver is saying - would you please be able to post a screengrab of what Revive looks like when it's saying that the unknown version has been detected?

 

Also, can you please have a look in the log files for Revive Adserver - sometimes there is extra information in there that may help explain what's going on.

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a similar problem. I moved Openx 2.8 to a new URL and it seems to be working. Then I went through the upgrade process, but am receiving errors when it is trying to detect the old version. Here is the log entry.

 

Attempting to detect an existing Openads (aka. phpAdsNew) installation...
PAN not detected
Attempting to detect an existing Openads (aka. Max Media Manager 0.1) installation...
MMM v0.1 not detected
Attempting to detect an existing Openads (aka. Max Media Manager 0.3) installation...
MMM v0.3 not detected
Attempting to detect an existing Revive Adserver installation...
creating upgrade_action audit table
#! failed to create upgrade_action audit table
creating database_action audit table
#! failed to create database_action audit table
An unknown version detected
#! Connected to the database ok :
#! This version cannot be upgraded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to share my experience for other users with the same issue...

 

I followed the instructions to upgrade, but in the "preparations" step 3 "Copying and adjusting the configuration file" i undestood that there is a NEW configuration file in the NEW installation folder. (Wrong. You have to download the old configuration file, edit it, and upload it to the new folder). In my mistake, i run the setup wizard and create a fresh installation of Revive. Then, i copy the old database to the new database.

 

First problem. To force upgrade to run, i delete the file INSTALLED in the var folder, and then create a empty file called UPGRADE. But..... revive say that everything is ok, my database is the newest version and everything is ok. WTF?? i can't see any old data??..... I see that in my database there was two kind of tables... those with the prefix ox_ (the old ones), and those with the prefix rv_ (the new ones). So, i deleted the tables with the prefix rv_ and start again with the upgrade....

 

Second problem. Upgrade starts! yeeeha! but... i get the red message "This version cannot be upgraded".... hell!! 

After some minutes thinking.... blaming this topic for not provide a solution... i decided to compare the new config file with the old config file.... i got it!!! in my NEW config file there was a section called [table] with the string-> prefix=rv_ fuck! this is the prefix of the tables that i deleted!!

 

I change it for prefix=ox_ and okey!!! upgrade run very good! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attempting to detect an existing Revive Adserver installation...
creating upgrade_action audit table
#! failed to create upgrade_action audit table

This would suggest to me that for whatever reason, the database username/password being used to attempt the upgrade does not have the correct permissions to create new tables in your database. 

Perhaps the database username/password in your OpenX Source configuration files used to have this permission when you installed OpenX Source, but the permission was later removed (in which case, re-add it), or, perhaps the configuration files were manually altered to change the user used to connect to the database after OpenX Source was installed (in which case, either add the missing permission, or return the configuration manually to the user which has the appropriate permission).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...