Jump to content
eberswine

application error on update - database definition..

Recommended Posts

Trying to upgrade to 3.2.1 from 3.1.xx

Any help would be great!!

Getting an application error on database:

  1. error getting database definition getTableConstraintDefinition
  2. - table ox_account_preference_assoc already exists in database XXX

Screen-Shot-2015-08-16-at-8.56.16-AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone solve this problem?

I tried multiple paths from 3.0.2. and made it up to 3.1.0. Any upgrade to versions 3.2.x ended with the above mentioned error message.

I also unsuccesssfully tried 3.1.0 -> 3.2.x.

There must be a trick, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone solve this problem?

I tried multiple paths from 3.0.2. and made it up to 3.1.0. Any upgrade to versions 3.2.x ended with the above mentioned error message.

I also unsuccesssfully tried 3.1.0 -> 3.2.x.

There must be a trick, right?

Did you change the default database layout in any way? We've just successfully upgraded from 3.0.2 to 3.2.3 with no installation issues. Your error message sounds like Revive is trying to install from scratch instead of updating (because it cannot successfully detect you already have Revive installed). The *_account_preference_assoc table was added in December 2007 according to version control so an update script should not try to install it as it likely predates 3.0.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you change the default database layout in any way? We've just successfully upgraded from 3.0.2 to 3.2.3 with no installation issues. Your error message sounds like Revive is trying to install from scratch instead of updating (because it cannot successfully detect you already have Revive installed). The *_account_preference_assoc table was added in December 2007 according to version control so an update script should not try to install it as it likely predates 3.0.2.

no, we didn't change the layout. but we continously upgraded from an really early phpadsnew-Version (2.0.11 i think) to openx (latest official) and to revive 3.0.5 in 2014. i now try to upgrade from that version to 3.2.3. Underlying PHP-Version is latest 5.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SQL code to correct errors in the database:

ALTER TABLE `{prefix}_banners_ox_adsense` DROP INDEX `{prefix}_banners_ox_adsense_pkey`;
ALTER TABLE `{prefix}_banners_ox_adsense` ADD PRIMARY KEY (`bannerid`);

After that, the update runs without errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...