application error on update - database definition..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Did anyone solve this problem?

I tried multiple paths from 3.0.2. and made it up to 3.1.0. Any upgrade to versions 3.2.x ended with the above mentioned error message.

I also unsuccesssfully tried 3.1.0 -> 3.2.x.

There must be a trick, right?

Did you change the default database layout in any way? We've just successfully upgraded from 3.0.2 to 3.2.3 with no installation issues. Your error message sounds like Revive is trying to install from scratch instead of updating (because it cannot successfully detect you already have Revive installed). The *_account_preference_assoc table was added in December 2007 according to version control so an update script should not try to install it as it likely predates 3.0.2.

Did you change the default database layout in any way? We've just successfully upgraded from 3.0.2 to 3.2.3 with no installation issues. Your error message sounds like Revive is trying to install from scratch instead of updating (because it cannot successfully detect you already have Revive installed). The *_account_preference_assoc table was added in December 2007 according to version control so an update script should not try to install it as it likely predates 3.0.2.

no, we didn't change the layout. but we continously upgraded from an really early phpadsnew-Version (2.0.11 i think) to openx (latest official) and to revive 3.0.5 in 2014. i now try to upgrade from that version to 3.2.3. Underlying PHP-Version is latest 5.3.

SQL code to correct errors in the database:

ALTER TABLE `{prefix}_banners_ox_adsense` DROP INDEX `{prefix}_banners_ox_adsense_pkey`;
ALTER TABLE `{prefix}_banners_ox_adsense` ADD PRIMARY KEY (`bannerid`);

After that, the update runs without errors.

• 2 weeks later...