Serving Responsive Ads On Revive

Eagle1

Hi All,

Yesterday, I tried to serve responsive ads from my adserver on my localhost.

I followed the process as:

Created two banners- one 728*90 and other 300*50.

Generated two invocation codes by async js for them.

In my <div> tag, I put the following code:

<div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var width = window.innerWidth 
              || document.documentElement.clientWidth 
              || document.body.clientWidth;

if (width > 960) 
              {
                 <ins data-revive-zoneid="13" data-revive-target="_blank" data-revive-id="54c1dcde598ba078b0f24adee5f1a71c"></ins>
                <script async src="//localhost/Eagle/www/delivery/asyncjs.php"></script>

} 
           else 
          { 
           <ins data-revive-zoneid="14" data-revive-id="54c1dcde598ba078b0f24adee5f1a71c"></ins>
           <script async src="//localhost/Eagle/www/delivery/asyncjs.php"></script>
          }

</script>
</div>

Now, this was broken because <script> cannot be written in <script> tag.

Please help.

Yes, you probably need to make the banner itself responsive via scripts that are hosted externally, and just deliver the HTML to load up the banner & script via Revive Adserver?

Hi Andrew,

I also would like to make a responsive ads for one of my zones.

What I learned so far is to make a zone dedicated for mobile. I have that zone right now, but I don't know how to switch the zones (Header > Mobile). Could you help me out about the code to  make this work? Thank you! :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello,

I am also very interested in the same. I would love to have a document with a step by step guide on how to server banners in spite of screen size.

I have a Wordpress+phpBB, both with bootstrap themes, and almost 50% of my visitors are mobile, so I need to have all zones switching automatically from 728x90 to 300x250 when called from mobile.

Have you tried creating a *x* zone (i.e. one that has no fixed size), and then ensuring that your HTML5 creative changes its size, depending on the screen size?

Otherwise, if you have two specific sizes - one for mobile and one for desktop - why not just have two different zones, and only put the appropriate zone on the site, depending on if you're delivering the mobile or desktop version?