Recommended Plugin For Advertiser Self-Service

henjola

Greetings,

We're looking for a plugin to enable advertisers to sign-up and self-manage their campaigns/ads/banners etc, within zones we create/manage.

Which plugins (paid or free) are recommended by the community based on experience in terms of ease-of-use, stability, etc?

We're also looking for a plugin which provides credit card/paypal/etc payment facilities to purchase ad credit - any recommendations?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new Advertiser and Publisher self-Signup (self-registration) plugin available with the following features:

• One-click install
  • Advertiser creation by admin.
  • Publisher creation by admin.
  • Advertiser self-service signup page (with option to accept terms).
  • Publisher self-service signup page (with option to accept terms).
  • Form field validation for data integrity
  • Clear administrator menus

Full disclosure: I wrote this plugin, recently because of frustration with existing options, and would appreciate feedback.

ps. Handling registration fees, and campaign creation, etc, is a matter for other (related) plugins and are works-in-progress.

There is a new Advertiser and Publisher self-Signup (self-registration) plugin available with the following features:

• One-click install
  • Advertiser creation by admin.
  • Publisher creation by admin.
  • Advertiser self-service signup page (with option to accept terms).
  • Publisher self-service signup page (with option to accept terms).
  • Form field validation for data integrity
  • Clear administrator menus

Full disclosure: I wrote this plugin, recently because of frustration with existing options, and would appreciate feedback.

ps. Handling registration fees, and campaign creation, etc, is a matter for other (related) plugins and are works-in-progress.

Hello

Any demo? Hows progress on Handling registration fees, and campaign creation, etc ?

Nikki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Screenshots are available on the website,  and registration fees are handled.

(Campaign creation and related extra functionality is a work-in-progress.)

Hello

Any demo? Hows progress on Handling registration fees, and campaign creation, etc ?

Nikki

ps. if someone thinks this is costly, I respectfully suggest they go right ahead and use the freely available facilities which come with Revive out of the box. It's good software, but lacks some much-needed and quality features, which state some of us are rectifying.

You were asking for feedback? Since that is the only thing I can do to help in this forum. I will provide you with personal feedback.

If he was used to Word press or Joomla then I could see how he thought the price was high, as plugins like this go for about $20 or so, but this is not software that has 140 million users like WordPress does or 30 million users like Joomla does that allows for quick and easy install. This software can be used without restriction sure, but there is so much software out there and no central specific community. With CMS, developers have one community to cater too, thousands of other extensions to compete with, and many immediately accessible customers to sell too to to offset the costs. I think $103 USD is fair as you have to recoup your time, investment, expenses and reap some of the reward. 

Only reason I have not purchased yet besides the 30 day support period kind of worries me, need campaign creation and also would like to see a demo. A lot of my products have support, even my template does. It is much better in my perspective, as overall it is cheaper than paying, trusting and risking a bad freelancer to come into your site and mishandle the data that your customers trusted you with, risk them not knowing what they are doing and end up breaking your site, or installing something onto your server. 

Summary..
- I would pay $149 if it had account creation and a full year support with the option to renew at a 40% discounted rate while I am active.
- A banner exchange feature that allows the admin to adjust the ratio and to enable a frame around the advertisement or a little tag at the bottom of the ad, that shows the adservers name on it, would be nice. Publishers could - continue posting ads and earning adserver credits among each other that they could use to advertise their services. Would be cool if this was stock on Revive period but I would probably pay $20 for it. . 
- I would probably pay up to $40 if the banner exchange also had referral software built in inciting sign-up bonuses for new advertisers or publishers, along with the possibility for them to earn a portion of their funds. 
- I might pay $199 if it was completely set up in a way to be as automated as friendly. Maybe allow the option to approve ads through the email or to approve any from a user of a certain established users. 

My personal opinion. 
Kind Regards, 
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

many thanks for your feedback, and I take your suggestions on board for consideration, as well as directly answering a couple of points here.

The Signup plugin does include account creation, an Advertiser or a Publisher, with a corresponding user access account, as per the docs.

In terms of a demo, currently there are screenshots, and more thorough documentation, and introductory information, will be forthcoming as TUITs are resolved.

The 30 day support clause is incorrect, that should read 90 days support, (and the relevant page has been updated on the site) - thanks for pointing that out.

Self-service Ads management (for advertisers) is on the cards. With a semi-automated campaign purchase/banner approval system in the works for the near future.

Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

R.

You were asking for feedback? Since that is the only thing I can do to help in this forum. I will provide you with personal feedback.
<snip>
Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You might be interested in the self-service image banner uploader plugin from RFI (full disclosure as the author here):

You'll also find self-service sign-up plugins there, too. 

Greetings,

We're looking for a plugin to enable advertisers to sign-up and self-manage their campaigns/ads/banners etc, within zones we create/manage.

Which plugins (paid or free) are recommended by the community based on experience in terms of ease-of-use, stability, etc?

We're also looking for a plugin which provides credit card/paypal/etc payment facilities to purchase ad credit - any recommendations?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hello I'm looking for the same thing but with a bit more @Richard Foley I see your plugin and I do like it and will be buying it shortly (when I get the funds together for this) but I'm also looking for a plugin that will allow you to add your campaign and pay for it, I currently own a small online radio station which is completely funded by myself. which means getting funding is slow. i was wondering if this is something you can help with or anyone else, and if so contact me please

• 6 years later...