Jump to content
RAUser

City/dma Geotargeting No Longer Working.

Recommended Posts

I've been using the Maxmind City and Country Lite databases for a few years now to do geotargetting.  I regularly update the databases.

 

However, I'm suddenly unable to target by City or DMA.  Targeting by Country is still in the delivery limitations list, but targeting by City and Metro no longer appear in the drop down box.  I checked again to make sure all paths are correct, redownloaded the databases, set permissions to 777, ran the diagnostics on the plugin, and updated to the latest version of Revive 3.20 but nothing works.

 

I do not have the box checked to show delivery limitations even if GeoIP data is unavailable because I need to make sure it's actually working.

 

Any ideas what's going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've noticed the same thing in some cases. The May 2015 update of the city data file made by MaxMind appears to be defective. We reverted to the April 2015 data file and all was fine again.

 

We tried contacting MaxMind about it, but they claim the data file is OK (even though there is strong evidence it is not). Hopefully the June update will fix things again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...