Banner Exchange Abilities

I think banner exchange abilities with a publisher and advertiser sign up, they would need to join through a dashboard, with one single login. Each dashboard would need to ahve Publisher and Advertiser menus and would need ot be an automated process.

The admin is able to adjust setttings for whatever ratio desired. The source code provided to the publishers could even have a discret logo of the banner exchange on the borer of the ad. It could even provide the advertiser with referral credit for anyone through their site that signs up (this may reduce the admin needs to have high ratio if their advertising is already out there). Credits cor ould be used to intice new signup or to rewqrd the referrer, or  for whatever reason. Of course the new signups would also have access to the same.

For example, If the ratio was 1000 banners displayed earns the publisher 950 credits (or whatever the admin decides), with an established customer base of people advertising, not only your logo, but possibly bringing in new signups, plus a little credit on the side for these bonues, and hopefully using up paid inventory as well... sounds like a good deal to me,

They key is getting an established automated dashboard for the Advertisers and Publishers, that is standard. So developers can build around it. with plugins. (in my opinion). I don't htink many developers will be inerested in creating a dashboard if they know that there is no standard dasboard, as thier plugin only might work for a few of the.. or if they have to  make it themselves, either way without a standard dashboard ,there would still be less demand for their product, if it does not work with them alll.

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest change would be the code behind the embed code, where every time an ad is displayed on their own website, it increases their own available impressions or clicks.  And then there is also the interfaces handling the fact that a publisher is also an advertiser.