pppez80

Banner Refresh With Asynchronous Tag

Revive Team,

Wanted to see if their are existing solutions to auto refresh banners (e.g. every 5 minutes) when using the Asynchronous tag?

We have a site where users spend up to 40 minutes on a single page that auto updates. It would be nice to be able to auto update the banners.

Any pointers are welcome!

Best /ppez80

Thanks Erik,

So it seems the iframe invocation mode is our best bet? 

Iframes aren't blocking the rendering process either, do they? So is there a big disadvantage by using the iframes over the asynchronous JS tag?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Erik:

Some of the banners companies want us to not use iframes on our site. They would like some sort of javascript. Async makes sense but will not easily refresh. We need to refresh our ads as radio stations. What code would you recommend to refresh. We've triedk javscript refresh, meta refresh, iframe refresh but the async banners won't refresh properly.

Please help. There must be a way to to this.

Thanks Erik.

Jim Atkinson/3WK.COM

Hi @JimAtkinson,

I agree - I can see that there are circumstances where having auto refresh in Javascript or Async tags would make sense - and I'm sure it would be possible. It's just not something that the core team has had time to implement yet. 

We're thinking about how we might be able to make more time for new features - stay tuned!