Hi:

I am using open x 2.8.8. Why? Because upgrade process was not successful last time so I had to stay on Open x.

Few days ago, I've got e-mail from google webmaster tools claiming that snippet in header is suspicious. This is suspicious code: 

<!-- Generated by OpenX 2.8.8 --> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://example.com/advertisers/www/delivery/spcjs.php?id=45'></script>

Google stopped sending all traffic to that site and 40 other in network that are using Open x. We did scan and nothing was found. Advertiser links are not going to malware sites.

As soon as I've removed that line of code, Google removed warning and resumed sending traffic. But all this sounds like disaster if I can't use open x to serve banners. 40 sites (adult sites)

Google doesn't telling me where is malware only that code is suspicious. Is there some advice how to fix this problem and continue to use open x?

thanks

Edited by Revive Adserver Forum
domain removed by admin to protect visitors

Sorry, no - OpenX Source, while something we took and moved forward into Revive Adserver, is not something we support; Revive Adserver has nearly 2 years of work done to take it forward from the old OpenX Source days now.

I'd suggest either going back to trying a test upgrade on a test bed system and see if you can get that to work, or, perhaps start with a smaller site and do a fresh install or Revive and just manually move some of the traffic over to see if that solves the issue at least, before you commit time and effort to trying to move everything...

HTH.