Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jffuchs

Rename Main Folder

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

My main forder is named "openads" (I did the an update from an old openads version) : so I have some pb with the banner display : adblock plus (Firefox) blocks my banners

 

I would like to rename the main folder

 

I have to do some path modifications in the configuration file in the ‘openads/var’ ... that's all ?

 

Thank you for your help,

 

Regards,

 

Frederic

 

    

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get an answer for this?  Or did you try it out? I have the same problem.  I named my location adserver and want to change it after finding out AdBlock blocks it.  What locations do I need to update to make sure I don't use the word AdServer and will that work ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yes, you are correct. Below mentioned details have to update in your revive adserver. 

main_folder/var/default.conf.php => Here, you have to change the "realConfig=localhost"
main_folder/var/domain_name.conf.php => Here you need to change the old path related details to new path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yes, you are correct. Below mentioned details have to update in your revive adserver. 

main_folder/var/default.conf.php => Here, you have to change the "realConfig=localhost"

main_folder/var/domain_name.conf.php => Here you need to change the old path related details to new path.

 

I'd wanted to rename the Revive directory, while leaving it in the same location on the same server under the same domain name.

 

I'm not sure what the change (noted in the quote above) in the "default.conf.php" file is meant to accomplish; I left this file unchanged, as it already contained my domain name.

 

However, I did make the changes in the "domain_name.conf.php" file, which meant the following lines were adjusted in the highlighted ways:

 

old:

 

[webpath]

admin="www.domain_name.com/old_name/www/admin"

delivery="www.domain_name.com/old_name/www/delivery"

deliverySSL="www.domain_name.com/old_name/www/delivery"

images="www.domain_name.com/old_name/www/images"

imagesSSL="www.domain_name.com/old_name/www/images"

 

[store]

mode=0

webDir="/home/account_name/public_html/old_name/www/images"

 

new:

 

[webpath]

admin="www.domain_name.com/new_name/www/admin"

delivery="www.domain_name.com/new_name/www/delivery"

deliverySSL="www.domain_name.com/new_name/www/delivery"

images="www.domain_name.com/new_name/www/images"

imagesSSL="www.domain_name.com/new_name/www/images"

 

[store]

mode=0

webDir="/home/account_name/public_html/new_name/www/images"

 

I can confirm that this appears to work. Ads have continued to be served on the pages, and statistics are being logged.

 

Thank you!

 

Eliz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...