Displaying Banners Based On Keywords In A User's Search Search String

bizmen

We manage an online directory and we are thinking of displaying banners based on keywords that users search for in our site's search field. Basically if a keyword exists in a user's search string, then a particular banner will be displayed.

We've considered using site variable as an option but its not clear what to enter in the Names and Values field.

Is using Site Variable a good way to do this and if it is, any suggestions on modifications we would need to make to the code, etc.  

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to use "Site-Variable" limitations then need to pass that variable with value on "Invocation Tags".

Like :  document.write ('&test=1');  after the line "document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r);".

Also you can use "Site-Page URL" limitations, there choose "Contains" option enter keyword. It will work, banner will be deliver based on this.

This seems like a very "manual intervention", to have to edit the invocation code AFTER it has been extracted from Revive. Or have I misunderstood something?

I was expecting a kind of category/tags management which matched/filtered against zones and advertisers. Does anyone know of a clearer configuration and/or a plugin which enables this kind of functionality?

If you want to use "Site-Variable" limitations then need to pass that variable with value on "Invocation Tags".

Like :  document.write ('&test=1');  after the line "document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r);".

Also you can use "Site-Page URL" limitations, there choose "Contains" option enter keyword. It will work, banner will be deliver based on this.

Hi,

After taken invocation tag, you need to pass variable with value.

For Value you need to pass search string value.

Like, document.write('&keyword=value');

In that "value", you need to pass search field.

Then this value and variable need to set 'site-variable' limitation for banner.

If this is not helpful, then I can help you develop plugin to target ads based on keywords if needed.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

After taken invocation tag, you need to pass variable with value.

For Value you need to pass search string value.

Like, document.write('&keyword=value');

In that "value", you need to pass search field.

Then this value and variable need to set 'site-variable' limitation for banner.

If this is not helpful, then I can help you develop plugin to target ads based on keywords if needed.

Thanks.

Hey, i have a site variable for delivery limitation:

regex match
name: plz
value: (1|2|3|4|5|6)

when i add the the following to my snipped:

document.write ('&plz=value')

i only get a blank page