Upgrade Path From Phpadsnew?

tru2chevy

Hello,

I am the worst procrastinator in the world, and I have been running phpAdsNew (ver 2.7, IIRC) on my server for over 8.5 years now. After recently performing a server and software upgrade, my ads are still displayed fine, but I can no longer make any changes to the banner properties for my advertisers, so I suppose it's time to upgrade.

Just as an FYI, this is the error I am getting when trying to add a new banner to a campaign:

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /my/install/directory/phpAds/libraries/resources/res-fips.inc.php:1) in /my/install/directory/phpAds/admin/lib-gui.inc.php on line 304"

I found this site after looking for an updated download of OpenX - great that you guys have kept this project alive! Anyway - is there any upgrade path I can take from such an old version of the software, or am I stuck performing a clean install? I read the update support page on the website, but it only seemed to discuss updating from recent versions of OpenX.

Any help you guys can provide would be great.

- Justin

Upgrade from phpAdsNew should be working from 2.0.11. If you're running 2.0.7, you might first need to upgrade to 2.0.11-pr1. I would suggest doing that with an old enough version of PHP (on a staging server, possibly). From there, it should be possible to upgrade directly to the latest Revive, but to be honest I haven't tested that in a while.

Edited by Matteo Beccati
Fixed URL

• 3 years later...