Content Encoding Error After Running Maintainance

Sperber

I´m a little bit desperate, cause I´m not really in depth familiar with revive.

We have installed revive a few months ago and encountered non-displaying ads. I detained the cache to be a problem, so I logged in as administrator and run all of the maintainance tasks. After the very last maintainance job in the line I´d tried to switch back to the manager account and received an error in the browser

Content encoding error

I remember that the last maintainance job had to do with a utf translation, that should convert content which was not already utf-8 into it. So I guess this did something nasty and thats the reason, why I can´t load revive and receiving this error instead. 

Has anyone an idea, what I can do now? Sure, I have a backup. But unfortunal thats a month old and since that I have a bunch of new customers, which are all running ads. I have no idea, how many ads everyone has left and even worse, of course the ads are not in the backup included.

Is there anything I can do to reverse that last step of the maintainance I described above?

Would really appreciate any help - and sorry for my broken english. I´m german and I really don´t have to use it here very often.

Regards,

Sperber

This morning it went worse. The adserver stopped delievering the content of the ad-code. In the source of the site the call was still in there, but revive deliviered no ads. In a more desperate than smart try, I´ve deleted all generated files in the var-directory that looked like temp and cache files. That worked. Revive is now deliviering ads again - but how long? And what is causing that problem? Do I have to expect that the adserver will crash again, when I´m in the baltic sea with no internet connection? ;)

Would really appreciate any help or advice on that issue.

Regards,

Sperber