Passback Settings

zeus

I just got an email from adzerk saying I had 6 days to find a new adserver as they were moving to enterprise customers only (Yikes!) The good news is that I'm familiar with Revive, although I have never  been able to figure out how to properly do passbacks to the adserver to queue the next campaign.

In a nutshell this is how it worked with adzerk:

Request made: Ad 1 is served via adserver

-Ad network either has available inventory, or passback code is used. 

--Passback code redirects query to adserver.

--- Adserver choses next campaign based on available criteria.

----Ad 2 is served via adserver.

-----And so on and so forth.

Basically a waterfall with logic because you can set frequency capping as sessions increase and can leverage the adserver across all campaigns. 

I remember hacking something together with OpenX a few years ago, but it was overly complicated and slow.  I set up all my advertisers and campaigns and added inventory. Then, I made all the campaigns exclusive contract and weighted them 1,10,100,1000,10000,100000 etc. so the campaign I wanted first would be 10x more likely than the campaign I wanted next. Finally, I frequency capped them at x views per session so that the impressions would basically roll through the campaigns by weight ending up with a 100% fill remnant campaign. Of course, there was a secondary waterfall happening at the same time which is outside the server, going through the ad chain.

Long story short, it was a mess, which made adzerk such a godsend at the time.

I'd appreciate any advice or insight.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

So I am going to assume there is absolutely zero support community for this software?

I proposed a  question that clearly has a complex answer. I just wasn't expecting nothing. Literally nothing. 

Doing a bit more looking around I see it is dead. My apologies. 

• 1 month later...

Let me know if you have found a solution just found your post today and was hoping it would be able to answer my question which is the exact same as yours...

Sadly nothing but the sound of crickets...

Unfortunately I have not found a 1 to 1 solution to replace the straightforward passback settings of adzerk.

I currently have a Frankenstein Google DFP setup with all sorts of daisy chained frequency dictated loop backs. I estimated that I am burning about 20% of my impressions as they get lost in the chain or timeout. It's really a shame there is no off the self solution to this problem being it affects millions of small publishers.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance. 

Unfortunately I have not found a 1 to 1 solution to replace the straightforward passback settings of adzerk.

I currently have a Frankenstein Google DFP setup with all sorts of daisy chained frequency dictated loop backs. I estimated that I am burning about 20% of my impressions as they get lost in the chain or timeout. It's really a shame there is no off the self solution to this problem being it affects millions of small publishers.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance. 

Thanks for circling back on that Zeus I'll take a look at my DFP and see if I can work something out there as well.

Hopefully the activity on your post will spark a response from Admin.