Jump to content

Url Encoding Breaking Links

Recommended Posts

If I set my destination URL to: http://www.google.com

Then the link location becomes: klikk.fo/adserver/www/delivery/ck.php?oaparams=2__bannerid=3__zoneid=3__cb=ea9091a8e3__oadest=http%3A%2F%2Fgoogle.com



This gives me an error page saying:

The requested URL /adserver/www/delivery/http%3A%2F%2Fgoogle.com was not found on this server.


If I take the link location and manually change it in the URL bar to: klikk.fo/adserver/www/delivery/ck.php?oaparams=2__bannerid=3__zoneid=3__cb=ea9091a8e3__oadest=http://google.com


Then it works just fine.


It seems like the automatic URL encoding is breaking the link. Can I fix this somehow?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi @oblongsquare,

This is most likely an issue with how the invocation code is being placed into your website. We generally see this issue when people are using a CRM of some sort (e.g. Wordpress, Joomla, etc.) and are pasting the invocation code into the UI of the CRM, and the CRM is then encoding things again.

You need to find an appropriate way with the CRM to say that you are putting raw HTML into the site, and that the CRM should not attempt to encode the invocation tag in any way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...