Error When Trying To Install

Hi,

I have set up everything as per instructions and changed the file permissions, when I add the database information and click continue I get the following error message:

MDB2 Error: connect failed
connect: [Error message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)] [Native code: 2002] [Native message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)]
Installation failed to create the database DM_13667_revive_3

Any ideas?

Gerald

• 1 year later...

1) Did you grant full SQL privs to the mysql user you specified

2) are the username, password, and database name you specified correct. Open a shell and try connecting to the database from the command line to test your parameters:  mysql -umyusername -pmypassword mydatabasename

3) The host is usually 'localhost.'  If you specify a remote host, your host needs to be specified in that server's remotehosts for mysql or it will not be allowed to connect.

• 2 months later...

I am getting the following error, I have checked the database login details they are working fine.
MDB2 Error: connect failed 
connect: [Error message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)] [Native code: 2002] [Native message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)] 
Installation failed to create the database littleadserver

Edited by Adclues

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...