New Front-End/ui

rogerweb

I was wondering if anything has been planned to update the user interface "theme"? It is pretty old now, and although it works great and looks great, the ability to more easily customize the UI would be a great feature. Using something like bootstrap as a base "theme" would make Revive mobile friendly immediately. 

Obviously I know that this is not a simple task. Would Revive be able to publish some additional documentation on the user interface and what parts of the UI has html/css generated by PHP?

Using a open source bootstrap UI kit would streamline the process even more. Something like SB Admin would be great as a base starting point and it is free/open source. http://startbootstrap.com/sb-admin-v2

I will volunteer to contribute to this feature if that can be done.

Hi roger,

Yeah ! it is possible to update the UI theme by keeping Revive Adserver as back-end.

Clarification:

1. Is there something in particular you are looking for? We act more as an adserver for display, mobile, video and exchange
  2. Do you need to redesign with your existing Revive or need a new product with template integration? If so do you customized any features with the revive adserver?

• 5 weeks later...

I was wondering if anything has been planned to update the user interface "theme"? It is pretty old now, and although it works great and looks great, the ability to more easily customize the UI would be a great feature. Using something like bootstrap as a base "theme" would make Revive mobile friendly immediately. 

I totally agree. The main issue we have with the UI is that there's no separation of content and presentation, as the origins stretch all the way back to PHP3 (if you can remember back that far), apart from the one (or two, or maybe three) areas where various developers/companies over time have had a stab of introducing something more MVC-like, all in different ways.

I was talking with the other core developers a few weeks ago, and we all would love to take on this job - but honestly, I think it would need me to be able to put a year, full time, into this to really be able to take it on....