Won't Install Stops At Welcome Screen

I'm trying to install on an nginx server. It goes to the welcome screen, click agree and then it returns to the welcome screen. It looks like it's failing on the 'check' step...

Suggestions?

What would have helped would have been what the failure on the check step actually was!

Ok... I have a feeling I know why this is happening. I'm do not have MySql installed on this server and instead planned to run the database on an AWS RDS instance. Is this possible? 

thanks!

But it sounds like it was this.

I see no reason why you can't run Revive Adserver using an AWS RDS - but the server you are installing on will still need an installation of PHP with MySQL support in it to be able to work. 

The setup process is welcome -> check -> database -> check, etc...

It would check for the database and since MySQL was not installed, it wouldn't go past this.

I have no interest in installing MySQL on this server. I only have essential software installed. Hopefully Revive adserver will change their install script to check for MySQL based on the database info provided in an input form (the same way WordPress does) - instead of assuming everyone will have MySQL installed on their local server. I think more and more companies are moving to modular web infrastructures. Web server, database server, etc.

As a workaround, I used a config file from a previous version of Revive as a means to bypass the setup check. I figured it would be easier that changing the Revive install code to not check for locally installed MySQL.

It is now up and running fine using a remote AWS RDS instance for the MySQL database.