Jump to content

Kevin P

Approved members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About Kevin P

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

453 profile views
  1. While it may not probably be a generic solution, it did work. {else} "Your database contains an old OpenX configuration table: rv_preferences. If you are trying to upgrade this database, please copy your existing configuration file into the var folder of this install. If your domain.conf file is in the var folder and the permissions allow writing please copy your default.conf file to var as well. I'm glad we got to the bottom of this but as is so often the case, help messages that give real help are helpful. And with updates to operating systems, *sql, php* etc every little helps when time is short and people would like to help themselves. Thanks again all.
  2. Hi Andrew, Thanks for that. One little word was all it took. Following the upgrade instructions I only copied the domain.tld.conf.php file in to the var folder. Once I copied the default.conf.php file in to new var folder the upgrade worked. I'll leave it to you smart people to work out if the upgrade documentation needs a tweak to state that the deault conf file needs to be copied over as well or if some testing needs to be added to check for the existence of a default.conf.php during the process. Based on my experience {if} this error message is displayed: "Your database contains an old OpenX configuration table: rv_preferences. If you are trying to upgrade this database, please copy your existing configuration file into the var folder of this install. maybe the simple addition of words to the effect of: please copy your existing default and domain configuration file(s) into the var folder will assist others who may find themselves in my predicament. Many thanks again one and all.
  3. Hi Andrew. 1) Permissions are correct - I have triple checked. 2) yes it's the same domain. The only thing that I should correct is that the actual version being run (that I'm trying to upgrade) is 3.0.5 (not 3.1 as I said in the title) - Maybe this has an effect. I was looking at the previous files I'd downloaded and had put off an upgrade for the same reason.
  4. I have triple checked the db user has full permissions to access the new db '_revive324' and that the user/pass is correct. The same details allow me to access the db via phpmyadmin. (the same user can connect to the old db and only the db name has changed). I have also tried wrapping the username and db name in inverted commas like the pw and removing the inverted commas - where the original has just the password in inverted commas username=username password="password" name=db_revive324 I still see the installation screen. Edit: To test the db-user has perms to reach the db I search Google and found this https://gist.github.com/chales/11359952 I copied the details from the conf file and sure enough the db is reachable from the var folder and everywhere else I tried it What's next to look at? thanks
  5. Hi, I've followed the upgrade instructions totally three times and three times the upgrade has failed. Hence this post. I expected to see a page saying I was upgrading but instead I am presented with a page saying I am installing Revive - maybe this is an improvement that could be made? I expected the upgrade to ask for my login details but it didn't - It asked me to input my new DB details which I did. On pressing continue I am presented with the following error message. "Your database contains an old OpenX configuration table: rv_preferences. If you are trying to upgrade this database, please copy your existing configuration file into the var folder of this install. If you wish to proceed with a fresh installation, please either choose a new Table Prefix or a new Database. Database Settings" I can confirm that the domain.tld.conf.php does in fact exist in adserver_new/var and that the appropriate folder / files permissions have been made writeable. Apache 2.4.23 MySQL 5.5.31 Php 5.5.38 Is this a bug?
  6. Hi, I've also just (a week ago) installed revive and I'm also suffering from the 5% nightmare which causes banners not to show up. (interestingly you can't search for '5%' in the forums and a '5% topic' maybe worth pinning as it doen't seem to want to go away) While I have read a few threads about this problem, it does strike me that there is an underlying issue somewhere. As examples: With one website, one campaign (contract) and one banner, no matter what I did the probability did not go above 5%. I did read later in the forum that a remnant campaign would give me 100% (and it did), this was far from intuitive. With two advertisers, two websites (one advertiser per site) , two campaigns (one site per campaign - one as above the other contract), and three banners, the three banners in the contarct campaign would not shift above 5% probability no matter what I did. And then I logged in the day after and overnight 2 of the banners were showing 100% probability and the other still won't shift above 5% I'm sure you can appreciate how frustrating and time consuming it is/was to get banners showing up and based on my experience so far i can well imagine that there are many people who just gave up trying to get banners to show and have written off revive as 'too difficult' or 'poor open source' - and that's quite sad. I understand how valuable time is but maybe updating the docs with useful explanations as to how Revive calulates probability and things to try when banners don't show up will help others in my situation. I wish i had more time to contribute but it looks like I'm going to have to run everything as a remnant until there is better documentation which will help a n00b understand the nuances and power of revive. Also I have read: http://forum.revive-adserver.com/topic/303-probability-shown-5-even-with-one-campaign-and-one-banner/ thanks
×
×
  • Create New...