Installing V3.0.3 -> Lots Of Deprecated Errors

Hi,

I just tried to install Revive Adserver 3.0.3, but got a lot of error messages:

MESSAGE: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated
TYPE: Deprecated
FILE: /var/vhosts/www.gomorilap.sk/public_html/Revive/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php
LINE: 597
DEBUG INFO:

592 return $error; 
594 $className = $GLOBALS['HTML_QUICKFORM_ELEMENT_TYPES'][$type][1]; 
595 $includeFile = $GLOBALS['HTML_QUICKFORM_ELEMENT_TYPES'][$type][0]; 
596 include_once($includeFile); 

597 $elementObject =& new $className();

598 for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { 
599 if (!isset($args[$i])) { 
600 $args[$i] = null; 
602 }

More can be found here: http://pastebin.com/0XQFSvWN

I have not found any useful information in the forum.

I'm using PHP 5.3.10 and Ubuntu Server.

The documentation says it works: 

• PHP 5.1.4+, 5.2.x, 5.3.x, 5.4.20+, 5.5.2+

Is there any patch for this?

How does this application work on PHP 5.3+?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am also having a similar problem with lots of deprecated errors (see http://pastebin.com/AkmRKX3b) 

I tried to do marcis's suggestion

You can get this error if your config file in ./var/*.conf.php isnt writable, change to 777 will fix it.

But when I go into var, I don't have any .php files

I'm installing from a brand new install, on a fresh server, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie

I'm having the same issues. I've confirmed permissions are set to 777.

The old conf file did not have a www. in front of it, so I added that (not sure if that makes any difference).

Apache version 2.2.27 PHP version 5.4.27 MySQL version 5.5.37-log Architecture x86_64 Operating system linux

The only way I think I will ever be able to figure these reports out is if someone who has the problem is willing to give me login access to their server. I simply don't see these PHP warning issues, even with old versions of PHP, because the Revive Adserver code specifically tells PHP to not worry about these. So, there's something in people's setup that prevents this happening - but unfortunately, I have no idea what.

• 5 months later...

The only way I think I will ever be able to figure these reports out is if someone who has the problem is willing to give me login access to their server. I simply don't see these PHP warning issues, even with old versions of PHP, because the Revive Adserver code specifically tells PHP to not worry about these. So, there's something in people's setup that prevents this happening - but unfortunately, I have no idea what.

Andrew, if you want to re-create the error add parse_ini_file to your disable_functions. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Andrew, if you want to re-create the error add parse_ini_file to your disable_functions. 

For me, this doesn't work. Revive Adserver has a file in its root directory called pre-check.php, and it looks for & tests all of the core PHP functions that it needs to run correctly - parse_ini_file is one of these.

If I disable this function using PHP's disable_function option in the php.ini file, I get a nicely formatted error page from Revive Adserver, telling me:

Sorry, but Revive Adserver cannot currently run on your machine

Detected problem:
  • The built in PHP function "parse_ini_file" is in the "disable_functions" list in your "php.ini" file.