Plugin Issues After Upgrade To 3.0.3

Silas

Hi,

I just upgraded to 3.0.3 from the old OpenX system. I had the server at the root of the domain, and I upgraded in a new directory like the upgrade walkthrough instructed (I put it in "/new_ads/") then I swapped the old with the new.

At the end of the upgrade it asked me for the path to the old system so it could update plugins. I thought I should enter just "/" because the old site was in the root, but it did't accept that or any other path I tried. I ended up just skipping it and accessing the admin end, when I looked at plugins they were all set to enabled so I thought all was well, and finalized the install.

Now the reports are not being shown, when I click the details on the reports plugin, I saw two groups, 0 and 1 and they were both disabled. I tried installing the plugin again but it said "Error extracting plugin definition file: path_creation_fail : plugins/etc/openXReports.xml " I was able to uninstall the plugin but when I try to install the reports plugin again it gives me the same error. I would have thought that once uninstalled I should just be able to reinstall without issue.

The old install was moved to /old_ads/ and I have tried upgrading /old_ads/ within /new_ads/ but I still get the same issue where it cant find the xml files during the initial installation. 

Any ideas how to fix the reports plugin?

Thanks,

Silas

This is what s added to debug.log whenever I attempt to install the reports plugin.

Mar 25 07:24:50 -0300 OX-plugins-53315972a4cf6 [     info]  starting _checkPackageContents openXReports.xml
Mar 25 07:24:50 -0300 OX-plugins-53315972a4cf6 [     info]  expecting definition openXReports.xml
Mar 25 07:24:50 -0300 OX-plugins-53315972a4cf6 [     info]  detected plugin definition file /plugins/etc/openXReports.xml
Mar 25 07:24:50 -0300 OX-plugins-53315972a4cf6 [     info]  detected group definition file /plugins/etc/oxReportsAdmin/oxReportsAdmin.xml
Mar 25 07:24:50 -0300 OX-plugins-53315972a4cf6 [     info]  detected group definition file /plugins/etc/oxReportsStandard/oxReportsStandard.xml
Mar 25 07:24:50 -0300 OX-plugins-53315972a4cf6 [    error]  Error extracting plugin definition file: path_creation_fail : plugins/etc/openXReports.xml
Mar 25 07:24:50 -0300 OX-plugins-53315972a4cf6 [    error]  The uploaded file did not pass security check
Mar 25 07:24:50 -0300 OX-plugins-53315972a4cf6 [    error]  The uploaded file openXReports.zip was not unpacked

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the tip Eliza!

Here is a list what I ended up doing to fix my problem. 

• I could not upgrade or delete the reports plugin, so I removed it via ftp, manually uploaded a new version of the plugin, This didn't fix it, but it now allowed me to uninstall the plugin.
  • I then cleared the var/cache, and var/tempaltes_cache folders
  • Then I could finally install the reports plugin and it seems to be working.
  • Finally I opened "/lib/RV.php" and changed this line "require_once RV_PATH . '/lib/pear/PEAR.php';" to "require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/pear/PEAR.php';"
  • Now it works again!