How To Create Pre-Roll Video Ads

Hi there,

At the moment there are incomplete instructions on how to create video pre-roll ads.

After installing Revive Adserver, setting up a video banner, and then linking the zone... after clicking the 
video invocation code tab I see the following message"

Note: Zone invocation codes are not used for Video Ads. 
Instead, you must include the zone in the Ad Schedule of the video player plugin configuration in your webpage. 
Please refer to the Video Ads Plugin User Guide for instructions.

The link in the message redirects to an OpenX page that has no relevance to the video ad plugin at all.

I've researched the forum extensively for every post related to video and pre-roll video ads and found a few queries from others - who happen to be just as confused as I am. I found no definitive guide or examples on how to do video pre-roll ads, or video ads in general.

Can somebody please help me?

Here are the links on this forum that were at least partially useful for video ads:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Erik,

I've followed the guide http://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Invocation+code#Invocationcode-InvocationcodeforInlineVideoadzoneorOverlayVideoadzone and here is my Invocation code for Inline Video Ad:

[my domain]/www/delivery/fc.php?script=bannerTypeHtml:vastInlineBannerTypeHtml:vastInlineHtml&format=vast&nz=1&zones=pre-roll%3D2

in this case my Zone ID = 2

but no luck in calling this Invocation Code from my video player. For your information that:

1. I can call some sample VAST from my video player such as http://openx.vimp.com/www/delivery/fc.php?script=bannerTypeHtml:vastInlineBannerTypeHtml:vastInlineHtml&zones=vimp_ads%3D1&nz=1&source=&r=[random]&block=1&format=vast&charset=UTF-8.

2. I can play the Inline Video Banner in Revive-Adserver Banner edit screen (Video ad Preview) via FlowPlayer.

3. The Inline Video Banner was linked to Inline Video Ad Zone.

Please give your advice.

thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hi There

I'm looking into this issues as well. So far I'm trying to generate the following VAST tag to insert in my video players, supporting the VAST 2.0 standard

[YOUR-ADSERVER-DOMAIN-HERE]/www/delivery/fc.php?script=bannerTypeHtml:vastInlineBannerTypeHtml:vastInlineHtml&format=vast&nz=1&zones=pre-roll%3D[YOUR-ZONE-ID-HERE]

I have set up the campaign and the zone as an inline video-ad hereby generating the Zone ID. When testing the code I get the following error message in my video player:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin ‘

When running the code in a VAST validator (https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/vastinspector)

I get the an Error #2048

Is this a problem associated with the adserver domain inserted in the code, or am I missing a setting or configuration to make it work in the zone or campaign setting?

Kind Regards

Anders

• 2 years later...
I was creating zone using inline video ad but i stuck in video invocation code ,I didn't get  invocation code in video invocation code tab.

I got this note in video  invocation code tab
Note: Zone invocation codes are not used for Video Ads. 
Instead, you must include the zone in the Ad Schedule of the video player plugin configuration in your webpage. 
Please refer to the Video Ads Plugin User Guide for instructions.

Then I was trying using other way that is

[my domain]/www/delivery/fc.php?script=bannerTypeHtml:vastInlineBannerTypeHtml:vastInlineHtml&format=vast&nz=1&zones=pre-roll%3D2

Then  I got VideoAdServingTemplate  file that is

<VideoAdServingTemplate xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="vast.xsd">

<Ad id="pre-roll">

</Ad>

</VideoAdServingTemplate>

like below but I don't understand how should I run that file ? Please help me.